Sodium Extra Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 is a sodium add-on that adds the ability to customize the graphics in Minecraft in more detail, which will help on slower devices. You can now turn off texture animations, turn off fog, turn off particles, turn on the FPS counter, and more. I advise you to bet if you play with Sodium.
- Hurtcam is a setting that allows you to disable the shaking effect when taking damage.
- Instant Sneak – Disables smooth squatting, returning the shift mechanic from 1.12.
- Light Updates – light update. In theory, it should turn off the algorithms for recalculating the light in the chunk.
- Prevent Shaders – disabling the change of in-game shaders, which can be used in resource packs, or when viewing from the perspective of individual mobs using their vision shaders (creeper, enderman, spider).
There are also several “secret” settings in the mod that can be enabled in the mod files:
- Gamma. You can expand the brightness slider up to 1000%. True, the shadows are completely removed only by 1200%.
- Night visibility. Quite a cheating feature that allows you to turn off the client’s night. Doesn’t affect the server.
- Overlay. Disables the overlay of water and lava textures. In theory, should disable the pumpkin overlay, but no.
- Allow cheating settings. This is a general server setting that allows you to forcibly disable all of the above for connected clients. Useful for modpacks.
How to Install Minecraft Sodium Extra Mod ?
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download Minecraft Sodium Extra Mod
- Double-click on the file downloaded from Forge to run the installer.
- Unzip the downloaded file from the mod.
- Paste the downloaded file the folder .minecraft/mods
- Run Minecraft. Enjoy.